Equity and the issue of fairness and inclusion are at the forefront of education policy in Colorado. School board elections in November and the 2016 legislative session beginning in January are critical times for voters to become informed on issues that will have a significant impact on the futures of our children, the economy and the quality of living here in Colorado. Brought to you by League of Women Voters of Denver and in partnership with CU Denver, the panel will be moderated by Dr. Shelley Zion, Executive Director of Continuing & Professional Education in the School of Education and Human Development at CU Denver. Please join us for this dynamic dialogue on the important issue of equity in education.
Saturday, Oct. 10, 10 – 11:30 a.m.
St. Cajetan’s Church on Auraria Campus
1190 9th St.
Denver, CO 80204
Click for parking information & campus map
Panelists: (click names for bios)
- Angela Engel, Children’s advocate, author and educator
- Arturo Jimenez, Denver Public Schools Board of Education member
- Van Schoales, Chief Executive Officer of A+ Denver
A+ Denver is a coalition of business and community leaders focusing on the improvement of DPS
- Denise Maes, Democrats for Education Reform board member and ACLU attorney
- Terrenda White, CU Boulder School of Education professor and researcher
Pre-Registration is required! Admission is free.